Into the Woods - Version 2.0
I finally got some feedback on the project and have channeled that into a major update for the game. We are now on Version 2.0. So what exactly is different? Let's break it down:
- Changed starting stat array. Was -1, 0, 0, 1 is now -1, 0, 1, 2. This should make the game dramatically less lethal while still presenting challenge. If you are finding the game too easy, try this alternative stat block: -1, 0, 1, 1. Feel free to change these up further to alter the difficulty.
- Updated the bestiary. We now have traps like we were supposed to! They were missing before... (that was a BIG oops)
- Traps have been added. They are: Poison Pitfall, Snare, and Bear Trap.
- Made minor edits to a few entries for rules clarification.
- Changed the character sheet to have an area for food. Moved away from the "fancier" version to just the "plain" which is printer friendly.
This may not seem like a lot, but the game feels fundamentally different now. Having given this new version a few runs I can say things feel a lot better and having the missing items included now helps a lot obviously. I have a few more things coming but I wanted to get these things out ASAP. Expect another update (this will be to Version 2.1) within the next few days or so.
EDIT - The second half of this update is now LIVE! You can read all the notes here in the dev log or download the final version right here. I updated the files for ya :)
Please enjoy the game, and as always, would love to hear from you!
Get Into the Woods...
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.